Before using our Properties or providing information to us, please carefully review this Privacy Statement. By using one of our Properties, including registering for an account or accessing one of our Properties, you agree that we may collect, process and use your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Any personal information you provide to us is maintained on secure servers and our internal systems. We collect information when you register online or update your account, log-in, place an order, communicate online with our customer service representatives, opt-in to receive our emails, shop online, request a catalog, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey and join our social networking sites. We may also collect information from you in our stores or through our catalogs or other marketing material. This information may include, but is not limited to, your contact information (for example, your name, email address, billing and shipping addresses and phone number) and your credit card information. If you create an online account, you also have the option of providing your product preferences and demographic information.
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as when you fill out a registration or contact form;
- Information automatically collected when you visit or use our Properties, such as information on how you were referred to our site and what you do on our site; and
- Information from third parties, such as our vendors, advertising networks and business partners as well as social networks in which you participate.
We use the information we collect to fulfill your requests, conduct transactions with you, communicate with you about our products and other matters, manage our Properties, and conduct research and analysis.
- We and other parties may display behaviorally targeted advertising to you across the Internet based on your use of our Properties.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third party marketers.
- We may combine all the information we collect about you.
We may share your information:
- With our third party service providers that assist or support our business operations, such as fulfillment, research, marketing and technology;
- With our affiliates, retailers and third party business partners for research, analysis and other purposes, but not for their direct marketing purposes;
- With other parties in a form that does not identify you;
- If all or part of our business is sold to another company;
- To protect and defend our or other parties’ rights, safety and property; and
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
At various points on our websites, you have the option to join our email list and receive information about our products, services and offers. Also, if you provide us with your email address when you register online or update your account, log-in, place an order, make a customer service inquiry, opt-in to receive our emails, shop online, request a catalog, or participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, you may automatically be added to our email list and receive marketing or promotional information from us.
- If you have opted in to receive communications from us, we may send you emails, text messages or other communications containing newsletters, special offers and other information.
- You can stop receiving promotional messages by following the instructions contained in such communication, or if applicable, by logging into the communication preference center on the website associated with your account.
We may collect several types of information about you, including:
- We may collect personal information through your use of the Properties, such as when you register for our Properties, subscribe to receive our communications, update your account information, enter contests or sweepstakes, respond to surveys, rate or review products, make purchases, contact us with questions or comments, apply for a job, connect with us through social networks, submit user generated content or participate in our online forums, promotions and social media platforms.
- This personal information can include data attributes like your full name, username, password, email address, telephone number, physical or billing mail addresses, date of birth and other information you may provide to us, as well as credit card numbers or, in some limited cases, national ID numbers, like your social security number, for tax reporting purposes related to some high-value promotional prize awards. It may also include other personally identifiable information we have collected from you, such as your attitudes and opinions about and usage of our products, demographics, interests, household or lifestyle information, job description, satisfaction with our website and newsletters, your purchasing behavior or history and your browsing, downloading and other internet activity. Additionally, it may include a resume or curriculum vitae or other information you submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry. If you have contacted us on behalf of a business or other entity, we may also collect your work contact information and details about your business or entity that you provide.
- We also collect information that is publicly available or provided by third parties. For example, we collect certain information that is posted on social media sites, blogs and other websites. We may also purchase or obtain e-mail lists, customer leads and other data sources from third parties for our advertising and marketing purposes.
Device information we collect through our Properties:
- Cookies and similar technologies: A “Cookie” is a small text file containing a random and unique alphanumeric identifier that our Properties may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enables our systems to recognize your browser. We employ technologies like Cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixel or Internet tag technologies to uniquely identify your account, or the IP address associated with your Internet device. We also permit third parties to gather information on our websites, including for advertising purposes, through these technologies, as described below. Cookies and the other technologies mentioned above provide information related to the ways consumers interact with our advertising or our Properties, like browser type, browsing behaviors, user web requests, pages and content viewed, the number of new visits or log-ins, search engine referral, affiliate referrals, traffic driven by banner ads or other promotions, which items are placed in shopping carts and which are abandoned, conversions and what purchases were made and zip codes. These technologies can contain or store personal and other information (such as if you have previously registered on our Properties or consented to the retention of certain personal information) and allow web browser servers to recognize return visits to our Properties and improve web browsing navigation or the quality and delivery of certain features or customized content through our Properties. Some Cookies (known as “persistent cookies”) will remain on your computer or Internet device until you delete them, while others (known as “session cookies”) are automatically erased when you exit your Internet browser. You can set your computer or Internet device to accept or reject most Cookies, or to notify you in most situations that a Cookie is offered so that you can decide whether to accept it. However, if you block Cookies, certain features on our Sites may not function. Additionally, even if you block or delete Cookies, not all tracking will necessarily stop.
- Third-party applications and APIs: We also offer and deliver services, content or interactive features through and/or using third party application programming interfaces (API), gadgets, extensions that are hosted on our Properties or through other third party websites, or social networking platforms. When you participate in these services, products, applications, or otherwise connect with, or “accept” or “allow” third party applications, networks, platforms or services through our Properties and/or one of our services or products, you are authorizing those third parties to receive your information and additionally to potentially share any or all of your information with us, based on your privacy or other settings on the particular third party network or platform. Any personal or other information we receive by these means will be treated and/or processed according to this Privacy Statement.
- Location data: Some of our Properties may allow you to submit information about your general location, such as your zip code or address, in order to locate stores that sell our products or provide other location-related services. With your consent, some of our Properties also may capture and record certain precise geo-location or global positioning data from your device in order to provide location-related functionality. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of our Properties. If we combine any location information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes such as to:
- complete transactions you have requested or fulfill orders you have placed;
- respond to or follow-up on your comments, reviews, inquiries and other requests;
- deliver targeted advertising, communications, product solutions or content, as well as services you have requested;
- conduct research and analysis related to our business, products or Properties;
- improve our products, services or Properties and tailor them to your usage or preferences;
- communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, loyalty or rewards programs, coupons, rebates, promotions or other matters which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information;
- implement social networking features you have activated;
- publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features;
- communicate with you about your account or your use of our Properties;
- if you have opted-in to receive news, special offers or other information from us or one of our brands by email or text message, send you promotional messages we think will be of interest to you. If you no longer want to receive these direct marketing communications, you may opt-out of such communications by the methods describe in the “Opting Out of Communications” section below.
When setting up an online account at any of our websites, you will be prompted to select a password. The retrieval of personal information relating to you and your order history is only available to you if you provide the correct password that you have created, and all profile information, including your address book, is only available while you are logged in to your account. After providing your password, you can edit or delete your information at any time through the “my account” page.
If you forget your password, a new password will be assigned to you and will be emailed to your email address. We will not give passwords out over the phone, nor will we email them to a different address than the one used to register.
Your address book, located in the “my account” page of each website, is your personal storage space. We do not use the information in your address book to send email promotions or catalogs by mail.
Little Luxury works with reputable third parties who perform services on our behalf. Sometimes these service providers need information about our customers in order to do their jobs, such as fulfill orders and promotions, maintain and manage our customer database and report on customer behavior and/or preferences. When Little Luxury allows these service providers access to your information, we require them to maintain your information in the strictest confidence and we do not permit them to use it in any way other than to help us provide you with better service.
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law. If you have created an online account on one of our websites and would like to update the personal information you have provided to us, you can access your account on the applicable website to view and make changes or corrections to your personal information. You may also contact us using the methods described below under contacting us to request access or updates to your information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from one of our brands on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email newsletter you receive from that brand, or, if you created an online account when you registered to receive our emails, you may log-in to your account on the applicable brand’s website and make changes to your communication preferences. If you no longer want to receive promotional text messages from one of our brands, please follow the cancellation instructions contained in the last text message sent by that brand. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing from our marketing communications using the above methods, please contact us directly using the methods listed below under contacting us.
We use commercially reasonable organizational, technical and administrative means intended to protect stored and transmitted information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, and we encrypt credit card numbers from e-commerce transactions conducted on our Properties using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure.
Because we operate globally, your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our Properties, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.